Tuesday, November 14, 2006

almost done

So once again the semester is coming to a close. I can not believe that I only have 3 weeks left of college. Student teaching doesn't really count as college. I'm doing alright on getting stuff done. That doesn't mean that all of it is really done, but it's all getting there. I'd say the projects are about 70% done each, while the papers I haven't really started.

It astounds me that next week is Thanksgiving. I just can not believe that it is so soon. Mom and Dad are coming down and we are just going to have a small dinner for us. We tried to get some friends to come over, but everyone already had plans. That made me a little sad, but it will be a nice change from years past. This is the first year that I can remember (even when I was in Spain) that there will be less than 30 people at a holiday meal. It is going to be a little wierd. We don't know how to cook a holiday meal for 4 people! We are going to be eating leftovers for weeks. Not that that really bothers me cuz I love left over turkey. Why don't we eat turkey any other time of the year? Only at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't really understand it. Who knows.

I applied for Teach For America almost 2 weeks ago. I had my first interview this morning. I think it went well. I think that I have a good chance with my special ed over someone with just a gen ed degree just because schools always need someone with special ed knowledge, even if they aren't i special ed. Now I just have to wait until Monday and find out if I am a part of the group interview in December. It's a really fast process and I can't wait to see if I can really make a difference in students' lives. That is what really excites me. I will be sure to keep you all posted!

No comments: