Tuesday, January 23, 2007

it's coming along

The semester is coming along nicely. It is a lot of work and I spend every night doing something for school, but that's OK. Working while doing this isn't as horrible as they told me it would be. I am not working much every week and I get a chance to at least get some grading done while I am there, so it's OK. My binder is filling up with lesson plans quickly, as everything I teach has a lesson plan type and printed. Now I'm a horrible person and type them up, but don't actually use them during the lesson. I usually have it typed up and sitting on my computer as I am too lazy and cheap to print them all at home. I usually go to campus and print everything off, so it happens one a week or less often than that (usually the night before my supervisor is coming to see me). Oh well, at least I am actually typing them up in the first place. We had our first 2-hour delay yesterday. That was nice. I forgot about those. It's a nice break without having to make up the whole day at a later point. My typing has definitely improved throughout this. Typing pages upon pages every day will do that to you. On that note, I should get back to lessons, but there are a few more things to tell you.

I am so excited that the Colts are going to the Superbowl! That will be such an exciting day. I got an AFC Championship shirt yesterday and a visor. We had a Colts day on Friday and I didn't have anything to wear, so now that they are playing in the big game, I would assume that we will have another Colts apparel day before the Superbowl. Now I have something to wear!

I didn't get into Teach for America. I was very bummed and kinda pissed off when I found out. Now that means I have to look for a job somewhere. Anyone have an suggestions where I should go. Anywhere. Nationwide. Out of Indiana and the Midwest. I want something different for the next few years. I will probably come back in 2-5 years, but for now, I need a change. I need to get on with at least looking for what's open now and what may be open in the fall. I'll start doing that next month when I have a weekend at home.

Ok, back to being a teacher. I really am enjoying it. Let me know what you are up to!

No comments: