Monday, July 30, 2007

i'm a big girl now

It has been a crazy week! As of a week ago, I was in Bloomington packing things up and getting ready to move. Wednesday we got about 4 hours of sleep due to lack of packing. Thursday we went to southern Indiana and Holiday World with his family. Friday was a very long day of driving all the way to Fort Worth. We made it without any hitches (unlike my dad who had 2 flat tires before he got out of Illinois!). Saturday was a big mess. We were supposed to have movers between 10 and 12. They showed up at 3 after me calling the office multiple times. Then there was an issue with the payment, so they almost left without moving anything. (We are on the 3rd floor with a washer and dryer.. no fun.) We got them to work for an hour, then they tried to charge us for 2 and we all just got fed up and their supervisor just told them to come back. In the end I think we got a free move of some of our stuff, but the underlying message here is DO NOT USE STARVING STUDENTS MOVERS!!!!! So we moved the rest of the boxes up and spent Sunday unpacking and getting some stuff arranged. We still have a bunch of boxes everywhere and it's kinda driving me nuts. I started work today, so we'll see how all of this development stuff goes this week and next. I have so many little things to do: license, title for my car, license plates, car inspection, change my cell number, unpack, get my classroom together.... the list goes on. I just hope I can get it all done in a relatively timely manner so I don't go crazy. Wish me luck on being a grown up!

No comments: