Monday, May 14, 2007

the next phase is beginning

I am no longer a college student. That just feels really weird to say. I graduated on the 5th and finished my student teaching last week (darn snow days!). I am not a student, I am now a teacher. How weird is that? All of my stuff is sent in to get my license in Indiana. I also have a job! That is the most exciting part. It was a whirlwind interview process, but I accepted the job and am ecstatic. Now comes the equally whirlwind process of finding a place to live and moving to Texas. That's right, I'm going to Texas. The Fort Worth area. I am so excited and ready to get into a new situation and ready to explore. I found a bunch of apartments online, so now we just have to find a time both of us can get down there to look at them and the neighborhoods in person. I am so excited!!!!! I have a special ed/resource room serving preK-3. It will be a great learning experience, and since almost all of my field experiences, including student teaching, have been with the little ones, so I think this is a great position for me. Everything will all work out, I know. It is slowly coming around when we will move and how we will get there, so that is reducing my stress level. Let me know what life is holding for you!

No comments: